Spring is the absolute best time of year here in Phoenix. The weather is beautiful, and the air is full of the anticipation of school letting out for the summer. But before we head for the beach, we get to celebrate Easter! Today I’m sharing a super easy Easter brunch recipe for Chicken and Waffles, featuring Kraft Fresh Take.
Holidays have become so much fun since having kids, and Easter is no exception. We usually attend church and then head over to Gramma and Grampa’s house for some serious egg hunting!
It’s Harrison’s first Easter, and he’s been practicing his egg-finding skills!
Nobody wants to miss out on all the Easter fun, so it’s important to have a meal that is pretty easy and quick to put together, so that nobody is stuck in the kitchen! Brunch is the perfect time to combine savory and sweet and enjoy some Chicken and Waffles!
Now there are lots of different ways to make Chicken and Waffles, from combining all the ingredients and making it more like a casserole or soup, to setting some chicken tenders next to some waffles!
My recipe is more of the latter version, and it utilizes Kraft Fresh Take as a no-fuss way to make some truly tasty chicken!
The recipe is pretty easy. You basically just follow the instructions on the Fresh Take box, and then (for the really simple version) toast some waffles! You can also make your own waffles if you’d like, and you may want to make some country gravy to top the chicken. Lots of options- make it the way you like!
Chicken and Waffles recipe
Kraft Fresh Take in Cheddar Jack & Bacon
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins or chicken breasts
Waffles (frozen or make-your-own)
Syrup (I used maple, but any kind is fine)
Country style gravy (optional to add to cooked chicken)
I got all of my ingredients at Walmart, and I wanted to let you know that you can find Kraft Fresh Take in the shredded cheese section (I had to look it up on my phone while at the store)!
Also, during the month of April, you can print a coupon good for $1 off fresh chicken when you buy Fresh Take. Get that coupon here!
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Open up the Kraft Fresh Take bag, pull open the center seal, and mix the cheese and breadcrumbs together.
3. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
4. Dip the chicken in water (or egg if you prefer) to moisten, and then add to the Fresh Take bag and press the mixture onto the meat. Chicken will get coated in the cheese/bread mixture, but you should also sprinkle some extra on after placing the chicken on the baking sheet.
5. Put the chicken in the oven to bake for about 30 minutes (follow the chart on the Fresh Take packaging).
6. When the chicken has about 5-10 minutes left, toast waffles (or make in waffle iron), and add butter and syrup.
7. Add chicken to the waffles, on the side or right on top if you want.
8. Add country style gravy to chicken (optional).
Then add a delicious drink (we thought raspberry lemonade was a good fit), and ENJOY!
The kids were BIG fans! Nothing like breakfast for lunch and dinner for breakfast…or something like that!
Kraft Fresh Take made it so easy to put together this meal of Chicken and Waffles, and it was absolutely delicious. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to eat plain chicken again, now that I’ve had chicken baked with the Cheddar Jack and Bacon Fresh Take!
Thanks to #FreshTake and #CollectiveBias for sponsoring this recipe. Other Fresh Take flavors include Southwest Three Cheese and Italian Parmesan, so I guess I’ll have to come up with some more recipe ideas!
What will you be doing and eating this Easter?