It’s time for a new year, but not before we say goodbye to the old one!
2014 was the year for traveling and parties! No new babies, no new jobs, no moves. But we took big trips, celebrated birthdays, and enjoyed time together as a family.
Here are some of the highlights from 2014:
In February, Vanessa turned 3, and she had a memorable princess party, with a very special guest!
In March, we drove out to California for show choir competitions and a day at Disneyland!
March was also a great month on the blog! Here are some of my favorite posts:
In April I posted The Ultimate List of Blogger Networks, which has brought traffic all year long- glad it has been useful to people!
I also performed in the play Little Nell at the Ghostlight Theatre and joined their Board of Directors as Treasurer, and I continued to work with them all year long. It has been a dream come true to be so involved with a great local theatre, and I’m excited to work with them more in 2015.
The summer was super busy with lots of trips! In June I attended my second Elevate conference, went to Disney Social Media Moms On-The-Road (where I won an awesome purple suitcase!), we took a “mom and dad time out” and went to Rocky Point, and Harrison turned 1!
June was also a month of favorite blog posts:
And if that wasn’t enough, on June 30th we left for our huge cross-country road trip to Maine!
While in Maine, Daniel and I celebrated the 10th anniversary of the summer we met!
We got back to Arizona at the end of July, and it was time to get serious about the new school year, with Carter in 1st grade! My sister-in-law, Layla, also became a contributor to my blog, sharing awesome crafts (like her DIY Jewelry Holder) and delicious recipes (like the Freezer Egg McMuffin Sandwiches).
At the beginning of this year, I set some goals. I have to say, I was kind of all over the place. I chose a “word of the year” but I actually chose three: success, eliminate, and fun. We definitely had fun. Success, as far as this blog goes, is a big YES (more about that in another post), and as far as eliminating- I’m still working on it, but during Christmas break I’ve been going room to room, and the plan is to purge, purge, purge!
In addition to my three words, I also set goals to improve my marriage, my faith, my fitness, and my blog, and I also worked on my 20 wishes and tried to finish my 30 before 30 list. Like I said, all over the place! I think I did pretty good though, and where I didn’t meet my goals, well you’ll see in another day or two when I post my “15 in 2015!”
Today is the last day of the year, but it’s also the last Wednesday of the month (the last Wednesday of the last month of the year!), so it’s time for my final 20 Wishes update. Honestly, I think I may be the only person still posting these, but when I start something, I see it out! Let’s see how many of my 20 wishes I was able to complete:
1. complete a 5k, a 10k, a half-marathon, and a full marathon– Marathon in 4 more weeks!
2. dip Harrison’s feet in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans
3. get out of debt/save money
4. get all my photos and videos organized and backed up– moving this goal to 2015!
5. record an album– This was one of my Christmas presents from Daniel! Shortly after opening presents, we dropped the kids with my parents, went to his classroom, and recorded 11 songs!
6. do something fun for my 30th birthday
7. take a class, any class!
8. improve our backyard
9. visit Maine/road trip cross country with my family/take throwback photos with my husband
10. embrace 30
11. attend two blogging conferences
12. make money from my blog
13. do something that scares me
14. overhaul my wardrobe
15. have a mommy and me day with each of my children
16. optimize all blog posts/optimize my site
17. find the perfect pair of jeans– maybe in 2015!
18. automate what I can (blog and life)
19. go on an overnight staycation with Daniel
20. have a 24-hours-of-me day/treat yo self– will commit to this in 2015!
(21. Do a show)
17 out of 20, not so bad (I’m counting the marathon, since I knew all year it would be in January)!
Tomorrow I’ll post my 2015 goals and a look ahead to the year. I think it’s going to be a great one!
Happy New Year!