We are a household in transition! Let’s just bullet point this out, shall we?
- I did not intend to work this school year (other than my part time job which is 10-18 hours per week), but instead I will have worked 78 school days by the end of the school year (7 to go!).
- I’ve been teaching full-time AND working part-time, for 17 out of the past 25 weeks.
- I am 30 weeks pregnant, with 10 weeks to go, due on July 2nd.
- My oldest is starting Kindergarten on August 1st.
- We need to move to a new house sometime this summer (you know, in between having a baby, school starting, our lease running out, etc).
- I need to transition my daughter to a “big girl” bed and get things ready for the baby without knowing whether we’ll be bringing him home to this house or the next!
I know that my tendency is to always be looking forward to the next thing, instead of enjoying the moment, but in this situation, I’m definitely looking forward to getting the next few months over with!
Like I said, I just have the rest of this week and then all of next week for teaching, and then I will be done with that! I am so glad that I did get the opportunity to do so much teaching this year, and it has been a huge help financially, but I’m ready to be home with my kids and get back on top of everything again!
We will definitely be moving sometime in the next few months, as we need a larger home, and our lease here will run out at the end of July. There are two houses up for rent right now that are the size and price we are looking for, and are within walking distance of the high school (where my husband works). I’ve been driving by them on almost a daily basis, to make sure they are still available! I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they stay open long enough for us to snatch one up, or for another great option to come available!
Carter is officially registered for Kindergarten, and he’ll be attending a charter school just a couple miles down the road from where we are planning to move. I’ve been really impressed with the school so far, and I’m so excited for him. I know he is going to LOVE school!
Less than 10 weeks left until we get to meet our new little one! This pregnancy is going great, except that I have had a very hard time getting to sleep at night. My 6:15am call time has meant some difficult mornings, but once I’m not getting up to teach every day, I think I’ll feel a little better!
So that’s what’s up with us! What’s up with you? No really, let me know, because I haven’t had time to read my favorite blogs lately, so I am very out of the loop!
It’s almost May. Breathe….breathe…!