Looking for a sweet summer treat that’s not a popsicle? Look no further than these Sweet and Savory Mango Spears! They are very easy to make and would be good at any time of day!
I love a good flavor combination, and the sweetness of mango works perfectly with the crunchy cereal coating to make a dessert that is healthy and satisfying!
You could use these spears in a lot of different ways- as a party appetizer, dessert, afternoon snack, even breakfast!
The recipe is super simple- great for getting kids involved. I suggest setting up an assembly line. You can ground up the Honey Bunches of Oats ahead of time, and then you do the mango slicing, and let the kids insert the sticks, squeeze the juice, and sprinkle them with the cereal mixture.
Here’s all the details:
Sweet & Savory Mango Spears
- ⅓ cup Honey Bunches of Oats Honey Roasted cereal
- 4 mangoes
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a food processor, ground cereal into a fine powder. Set aside.
- Slice each mango lengthwise into 4 equally-sized pieces and remove outer skin. Insert a wooden stick into one end of each mango piece.
- In a small bowl, zest the limes. Add chili powder, salt and prepared ground cereal. Stir to combine.
- Slice limes and squeeze juice over the mango pieces.
- Sprinkle each mango piece with the chili and cereal blend.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy your mango spears and the last weeks of summer!