Wow, August went by quickly! Here is September, with a well-established school year, temperatures still hitting 100, and the fall months looming in the distance. September is a great time to hit your goals hard and finish the year strong.
Let’s take a look at my August goals:
1. Lose 10 pounds– DID IT! I was away for the holiday weekend and didn’t get to weigh in until yesterday, so I had a couple of extra days, but I did it!
2. Complete #3 on my 30 Before 30 list- Yes! We’ve been super consistent. It’s great to find a system that works for us.
3. Go through my business cards collected at Bloggy Boot Camp (and Elevate) and follow everyone– Yes, finally, finally.
4. Whiten my teeth– Kind of, sort of. There were 20 strips in the package, and I think I still have 9 to go, because I didn’t do them every day. I will finish over this next week or two.
5. Unpack and organize every room- Not really. Things are coming together, but there are still piles here and there to be taken care of. I get really anxious because it’s hard to tackle the piles when I’m also doing the everyday picking up and maintenance cleaning.
6. Work on 30 Before 30 #29- No, I didn’t even start the book. Early in the month I decided to change this goal to be finishing the book I was already reading, which I did yesterday.
7. Work on 30 Before 30 #26– Yes. We went geocaching, and I also checked to see how many we’ve found in the past. I’m up to 34!
8. Start an exercise program– Yup! I’m “revolting” hardcore for the next three months!
Well I’d say August was pretty successful. But September is going to be even better!
Vanessa’s goal: Remembering to take off her clothes before taking a bath
Here are my September goals:
1. Lose 8 pounds– More would be awesome, but I know 8 is doable.
2. Get up early to workout and hit all my Revolt workouts– I have to make my workouts if I want my after photos to be dramatically better than my befores! Harrison is very inconsistent with his naps, if he even takes them, so if I want to guarantee getting my workout in, early morning it is! The Revolt workouts are short and sweet, so I don’t even have to get up that much earlier. Monday’s workout felt easy when I did it, but boy am I sore today! Revolt Fitness rocks- check it out!
3. Decorate my house– I want to lay out everything I have for wall decor and decide where it will go, and then put it up!
4. Organize my house– It’s been hard being not quite completely unpacked and organized, and then to have the daily maintenance on top of that. I want to find a place for everything and get everything in its place, so then I can just worry about the day to day stuff.
5. Visit a thyroid doctor and get on better medication– I made my appointment today! Hoping everything goes well.
6. Just hold that baby– I’ve been struggling with anxiety lately, especially during the day when I want to get things done, but the baby won’t sleep. I need to learn to just relax and be okay with just sitting on the couch and holding the baby for awhile. That’s what’s most important for him and me anyway, right?
Here’s to a great month!