Let’s see how I did in September:
1. Lose 8 pounds– I lost 7. That’s not 8, but still pretty great! #rhyming
2. Get up early to workout and hit all my Revolt workouts– Well…I did get up early to workout. Maybe 3 or 4 times? Here’s the thing- it’s hard for me work out in the mornings right now because of two reasons. First, my last hour of sleep is broken up by the baby waking up, me rolling over and giving him a binkie, and then sleeping for a few minutes before it happens again. So if I was working out during that time, he would just wake up and I would have to feed him. Second, my baby sleeps through the night now…so to put it nicely, that means I wake up with my body ready to feed him…ouch. Not conducive to working out. So those sound like excuses, but I really would like to be able to get up and get my workout in before anybody else is up. I will just continue to do it as often as I can.
3. Decorate my house– Did it! One day I dragged everything out and decided what I wanted where, and put it all up! I still have my family proclamation to find a place for, and I need a third 10×13 frame so I can put a photo of Harry up next to his brother and sister!
4. Organize my house– This is basically done, but it’s also always in progress. The kids’ room needs to be cleaned up, and I need to do another toy purge, and I have one pile of things to go through in Harrison’s room, and another pile in the garage. But most everything else has a place to go.
5. Visit a thyroid doctor and get on better medication– YES! I went to one appointment at the beginning of the month and then had to wait three long weeks until I could get blood work done. On the last day of the month I had a second appointment, and I got the prescriptions I needed! I want to say that I’m feeling a lot better, but I know that I can be susceptible to the “placebo effect” so I’m going to give it a little more time to see what happens.
6. Just hold that baby– Yes! We have had lots of lovely snuggle time. He’s been a little bit better about taking naps, too, so I’ve been able to strike a pretty good balance of baby time, getting things done around the house, and time for myself.
Now here we are, three days into October.
1. Prepare to make the switch to WordPress. Yikes, I feel like I should whisper that or at least put it in small text since I’m writing this on Blogger. But yes, the time has come. I’ve reached a point in my blogging career where I need to take things to the next step and move over to WordPress. Not much will change around here except on the back end, so don’t worry! I’m going to use this month to get my blog (mostly old posts) into shape for the move.
2. Revolt. And lose 7 pounds. The first month of the 3-month 12 in 12 Revolt Fitness challenge is over! And I am exactly 1/3rd of the way to my goal. So that’s great, but I need to step it up this month to make sure that at the end of it I am 2/3rds of the way there or more! I am getting amazing support from Nichole and the other Revolters, especially the “dirty dozen,” but it’s up to me to make the choices to exercise and eat right!
3. Finish organizing my garage and make a Goodwill run. Last month I went through almost everything in my garage and organized it so our storage bins are stacked nice and neatly on both side walls. Now we can park right in the middle and have lots of room on either side of the van. I have 3 or 4 bins in there that I haven’t gone through yet, and a pile of things that need to go to Goodwill, so I want to do that this month so that the garage is completely taken care of!
4. Make progress on my ebook. I have an ebook in the works that I would like to get published by the end of the year. It’s all about how to make money on your blog through working with companies that offer sponsored posts. It will include information on the various companies, how to sign-up with them, how to hear about and apply for opportunities, how they run their campaigns, etc. I think it will be extremely useful for bloggers to have all of that information in one easy place. Any ideas for a title?!
5. Work on #26, #27, and #29 on my 30 Before 30 list. I have a lot of geocaches to find and a lot of movies to watch to cross off #26 and #27, so I’ve got to be on top of those! For #29, I am reading one of two books I have on lucid dreaming that I haven’t already read. That is my daily bathtub read, and I will try to finish it by the end of this month.
Well I think that is a perfect set of goals for October. Just enough to keep me busy and move forward toward larger goals, but not so much that I don’t have time to relax and enjoy life.
How are you “shaping up” in October?