Good morning, my friends! It’s Friday, oh yeah, oh yeah! It’s been a long, full week, but today I’m home with my kiddos sprucing up the homestead. Carter is gone on his very first field trip to our favorite pumpkin patch, and I’m trying not to think about all the things that could go wrong. He has a great teacher, there will be many parents there, and he’s been properly coached to never be alone! Still, I will be happy to see his smiling little face at 2:30pm!
It’s time for another monthly goals post! Can you believe it’s almost 2014?! I’ve already been thinking about my goals for next year, and I’m exciting. I think it’s going to be a great one.
But before I get too far ahead, let’s take a look at how I did in October:
1. Prepare to make the switch to WordPress
Not only did I complete this goal, but I blew it out of the water by actually making the switch to WordPress! The plan was to go live on November 1st, but everything was ready to go mid-month, so I just went for it.
The main thing that took a lot of time was going back and re-formatting all of my old blog posts before making the switch. At some point in the past five years I redesigned my blog, and for awhile left-aligning my photos made them look centered. When it was reredesigned, that no longer worked, so I had a lot of posts to fix.
Let me give you a tip about reformatting your blog posts, if you are switching from Blogger to WordPress. DON’T DO IT! As it turns out, some of my formatting didn’t translate into WP, so I have to go back yet again and heavily edit all the coding in my old posts. This isn’t super necessary, but since I’m a perfectionist, I want to do it!
I’m loving WordPress. There are definitely pros to using Blogger, and it may be the best platform for some bloggers, but I’m super happy to be here!
2. Revolt. And lose 7 pounds.
Yeah….no. I lost 1. Grr. I feel so far behind on my weight loss goals, but I can’t let it get me down. I’m working hard, haven’t given up, haven’t had sugar! And the kind of good news is that I’ve been able to maintain where I’m at, even when several cheat
weeks days are thrown into the mix. I’m happy that I haven’t gained, and I’m going to stay consistent with my workouts and try to improve my eating habits.
The Revolt Fitness 12 in 12 Challenge is coming to a close! We are almost through week 10, with two weeks to go. Then we get another two weeks before the actual final photo shoot. I know a lot can happen in a month, so I’m just going to do my best. This month’s “uprising” theme is “Holiday Survival Guide,” and it focuses on getting through the holidays without a weight gain!
3. Finish organizing my garage and make a Goodwill run
Yes! Just ask my husband (actually it would probably be weird if you did), I organized our bins so nice and neatly, on both side walls of the garage. Every bin has been gone through, organized, purged, labeled, and situated in the optimal place for how often I think we will need to access it and how light or heavy it is. Our van fits nicely right in the middle of the garage, with plenty of space on either side. Deep happy sigh.
4. Make progress on my ebook
I’m glad I didn’t say how much progress… Actually I have added quite a bit, but there’s still a long way to go. I want to make sure that it is thorough and very useful to other bloggers. I am writing all about how to work with the different media companies out there that pair brands and bloggers to do sponsored posts. It will include who the companies are, how to sign-up with them, how to get campaigns, and how to do a great job! What do you think? Would you buy such an ebook?
5. Work on #26, #27, and #29 on my 30 Before 30 list
Eh, yes and no. I didn’t watch any more movies. I did go geocaching with Carter once, and we grabbed one new cache. And I’m nearing the end of my lucid dreaming book, but I don’t think I had any lucid dreams this month. I have another book in the queue, so I’ll move onto that one next.
Okay, so here we are, November. The first week is gone, with 23 precious days remaining. I’m ready to make them good ones!
1. Finish the 12 in 12 Challenge strong and lose 5 more pounds– This will get me nice and close to the lowest weight I hit between Vanessa and Harrison, which was while training for a half-marathon. Then I will proceed to defy all odds and actually lose weight during the month of December while all y’all are eating sugar cookies and gingerbread.
2. Sleep through the night– Okay this is actually a goal for Harrison. Since transitioning him from a bassinet next to my bed into his crib in his room down the hall, he no longer sleeps through the night. At best I make several trips to his room to give him his binky, at medium I have to bring him back to my bed to sleep, and at worst I’m up feeding him once or even twice a night. Not fun, but I love him anyway. Come on, Harry, you can do it!
3. Finish the Couch to 5K program– I joined another weight loss challenge with some friends on Facebook, and they were setting weekly mileage goals, so I started running again, starting at the beginning with a couch to 5k app. I’ve already done the first five weeks, with three to go.
4. Work on #5 on my 30 Before 30 list– I have to get working on this list! 30 is…very close. This month I want to compile at least ten recipes that are easy and healthy. As the weather gets cooler, I’m thinking warm crockpot soups and stews! I also want to make a meal plan for the entire month of December, along with grocery lists for each week. Getting hungry just thinking about it!
5. Work on #26, #27, and #29 on my 30 Before 30 list- I’m going to keep this goal on for November. I want to go geocaching, watch a few more movies on the list, and finish my lucid dreaming book, as well as take a few action steps toward encouraging actual lucid dreams (I have a post on this coming soon!).
What will you be doing to “shape up” in November?
Also, what would you think about a “shaping up” link-up? It would be on my blog weekly (Saturday or Sunday), and you could link up any and all posts about anything you are doing to improve yourself. That could include posts about goals, weight loss posts, recipes, crafts, parenting advice, fashion advice, workout ideas, really anything could fit the category of “shaping up,” just pick your favorite post from the week! Interested?
Here’s to a great month!