Today please welcome Maria of Agape Love Designs, with a guest post about her inspiring weight loss journey! Her pictures are just amazing, and I know they will motivate you to push toward your goals in this final stretch. She is also offering a lovely little giveaway at the end, so read on!
A little over 9 months ago I started on a weight loss journey, that I NEVER imagined would bring me as far as it has today. If someone had told me, before, that one day I would write about health and fitness, that I would be brave enough to do “fashion posts“, or told me that I would be a weight loss inspiration to ANYONE – well, let me tell you…. I’d be more than a little skeptical.
- Get yourself signed up for my fitness pal. Its a great tool to help you keep track of your calorie intake. It gives you a good idea of how many calories you should consume a day based on your age, height, weight and how much weight you want to lose.
- Eat LESS, more OFTEN (eat little meals/snacks often through out the day to help curve cravings)
- Fill up on veggies and fruit (mostly veggies, though, if its green its good to go and usually has little to no calories!)
- Do NOT drink away your calories! Soda, Fancy Coffee, Juice… Yeah have you SEEN how many calories for just a measly 8 ounces!?
- Drink LOTS of water. Be sure to get in your 8 glasses a day. But don’t go overboard, there is such a thing as being water drunk! Sounds silly but its true.
- When you crave sweets eat fruit or (frozen) yogurt.
- Limit sugar, carbs, salt and cheese. For the first 6 months of my weight loss journey I didnt eat ANY sugary treats… The only sugar I consumed was the little bit in the yogurt I ate, the mulitgrain cheerios I ate, and maybe the fat free milk I drank, other than that… It was a no-no for me. I also did NOT use salt, and I stopped eating cheese. For me…. these were foods that I had a hard time saying no to, that I know helped contribute to my over eating.. so I just stopped eating them!
- If you are a snacker check out these great posts: DIY 100 Calorie Snacks, Healthy Snack Ideas, and Office Snacks/Snacks on the go.
- Take the stairs whenever possible.
- In a parking lot, don’t park close… Park far out so you have to walk a little extra.
- Race your husband or (OLDER) kids back to the car!
- Hold your baby while walking/shopping, rather than pushing them in a cart or stroller.
- Pace or stand when you are on the phone, don’t just sit and relax.
- Stand while you are eating.
- Sit on a fitness ball while at the computer or watching tv.
- Jog in place while waiting for something in the microwave!
- Chew gum (sugar free)
- Get yourself a set or 5lbs or 10lbs weights and use them while watching tv.
- DANCE. Turn up the music and get down with your kids!! Or your husband, your dog… or ALONE!
Thank you all so much for stopping by and taking the time to read about my journey!
I hope you feel encouraged and inspired by it, and please if you have any questions or need someone to be a cheerleader for YOU, don’t hesitate to visit my blog, comment or email me! ♥
As a bonus for being here (and making it all the way through this post!) ;)
I’d like to do a little giveaway.
I am offering a sweet little gift to one lucky winner!
Much Love & Hugs,