It’s Tuesday and time for a new Resolutions In Motion post! Week one is over, and only five more to go! How are your goals coming along? Feel free to let us know in the comments or link to a post where you wrote about how you are doing.
I admit that I haven’t been 100% sugar free (wow I needed a soda after 6 hours at the zoo), but I have cut WAY back, and even lost a few pounds!
Today we have a special guest, Coach Carrie Symes, who is going to give you some tips on how to achieve your goals.
I feel truly honored to be writing a guest post for you all today.
For many of us reaching our dreams or goals just seems like something that you want to do and you just wing it to get there. Sadly many of us don’t reach those dreams or goals that we had set out to achieve. The thing is we just set a goal and that’s it. We don’t plan on how we are going to achieve it or even think that it’s really possible. I’m here to tell you that anything is within your reach if you set your mind to it and establish a few things.
1. What is your BIG Crazy dream or goal?
- Yes, I did say crazy because some of your most wild and crazy dreams can come true!!
- Write them out! Don’t just sit at your computer and type them out, because things are more cemented into our brains with a pen and paper. So, grab a pen and paper notebook and write out what you want to achieve.
- Get as detailed, specific and clear with what your goal is. “I want to lose weight.” That is not specific. “I want to lose 20 pounds.” Is specific.
2. Believe with All Your Heart YOU Can Achieve Your Dreams
- Believe with all your heart and soul that you deserve and are capable of reaching your dreams. You could also look at it as having faith that you will get to your desired destination.
- Each and every single day that you work towards achieving your dreams you will acquire a deep and burning desire reach your goals.
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
- By achieving your smaller goals one step at a time you build up your self-confidence and desire to keep moving forward.
3. Determine Your WHY!
- What is your why? List all the ways that you will benefit for achieving your goals.
- These are the reasons that fuel your FIRE! The more reasons you list the better.
- If you want to lose weight- I have to be healthy in order to take care of my family. If I don’t lose weight I could develop diabetes or high blood pressure. So I can be one hot momma and sexy wife to my husband. I want to look good in skinny jeans. I can’t stand the way I look in the mirror.
- Write these out and when ever you start getting discouraged pull these out and look over them.
- Set a deadline for your overall goal and write it down. Then break it up into mini deadlines. I will to lose 50 pounds in one year. This is very measurable and attainable because for a healthy weight loss you should lose about 1 pound per week. So, lets break this down further I will lose 1 pound per week.
5. Get Some Knowledge and Skill
- If this is something that you have never done before you need to gain knowledge and go beyond what you already know.
- “What one skill if I develop and did in excellent fashion would help me the most to achieve this goal?” Write that skill down, make a plan and develop that skill daily until you master it!
- Only YOU have the power to change your life!
6. Continually See Your Goal
- See your goal accomplished. What does it look like?
- Visualize your dreams multiple times a day. Imagine the pride, satisfaction, self-confidence you will have when you reach your goal.
- Eventually it will become an unconscious driving force that will inspire and motivate you towards your goals day and night!
- “Dreams are extremely important. You can’t do it unless you imagine it.” –George Lucas
7. NEVER GIVE UP
- Make the decision RIGHT NOW that you will not give up. Because let’s be honest, you will face let downs and set backs. Realizing now in this process that yes things will happen beyond our control that can set us back, but it’s all a learning process and we must dust ourselves off and get right back on board!
- Right NOW I want you to make a commitment that you will not give up no matter how long it takes you on achieving your goals and dreams!
8. ROCK OUT YOUR DREAMS!!
Writing out these things will help you to achieve your dreams and goals faster than you ever thought possible. I hope you enjoyed this post and pray that ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!
I just became a coach! This was a really great post :)
I have been doing so much better than I thought I would. I love RIM and will be taking place in the second round also!
Love Coach Carrie ~ She is so inspirational!!
This is great!
– I am doing much better than I expected. I even drank so much water my bottle broke :(
I have cheated once or twice by drinking soda! And even snuck sweet tea in =/ However, I have been drinking more water than ever especially at work! My husband had bought me a Tervis water tumbler that has the ounces on the side for my birthday and it’s been kind of fun seeing how many ounces I have drank at the end of the day. AND I am definitely printing out Coach Carrie’s MICCHI ladder! =)
Great post Carrie!