After a long week of being the busy mom that I am, I just love to go grocery shopping for our 6-member family. NOT! I don’t think anyone enjoys grocery shopping, but we do what we have to do, right?
Wrong! It’s the 21st century, and you do not have to go grocery shopping anymore. I’m so excited to share with you some awesome options that will not only save you time and effort, but they will save you money too! So let’s (not) go shopping!
This past summer I was super pregnant with baby #4. Near the end there, going grocery shopping would not even have been possible. Chances are good that I would have ended up having my baby girl in Aisle 7. Nope, this mama needed to relax!
Well that was when I discovered Walmart Grocery Pickup, and life has never been the same.
This is not a sponsored post; I just really love this service and use it every single week. But if you click on any of the links in this post, you’ll get $10 off your first order, and I’ll get $10 off my next order! Win win win. We all win.
I hope that you have Walmart Grocery Pickup in your area (and if not, I’ll share a couple of other options at the end of this post), because it is a game changer. Here’s what you do.
- Go to Walmart’s online grocery site.
- Choose a pickup location and time block.
- Fill your online cart with everything you need and checkout.
- Go pick it up.
Yep, it’s that simple. Walmart will even send you a confirmation email detailing where and how to get your order, but most of the stores have the parking spots clearly marked, on one side of the store. You just pull into a spot, call the number on the sign in front of you, and they’ll bring your order out and load your car!
They even recently created an app, so that you can “check in” to let them know you are on your way, so you don’t even have to make the phone call.
It. Is. Awesome.
This mama of four is so happy to not have to go grocery shopping anymore. I still have to hit the store every once in awhile for things that I forgot, or because needs arise that don’t require a full cart (There is a $30 minimum for pickup orders), but I can’t remember the last time I did a full week’s grocery shopping.
Not this mama. Not this century. Not anymore!
A few more points:
- There is NO fee for this. Someone goes around the store and gets everything on your list, and there is no extra charge for you!
- Depending on where you live, using Walmart Grocery Pickup may actually SAVE you money. Because you order online, they are able to charge Arkansas sales tax (that’s where Walmart is headquartered), which is about half of our Arizona sales tax!
- You can choose to allow them to substitute items (or not, if you want a specific brand), and if they happen to be out of a cheaper brand, they’ll give you the more expensive option for the price of the cheaper option. If you choose no substitutes and an item is out of stock, your total will be adjusted, and you will not be charged for that item.
- Likewise, if an item comes in different sizes and they don’t have the size you chose, they’ll often give you a larger size, or two of a smaller size, for the lowest price.
Downsides? Well, there have been a couple of times that I’ve been missing items. And it is a hassle to have to call and go back to pick up the items you didn’t get. But when they left out a loaf of bread and a bag of hamburger buns I had ordered, they brought out two of each, to make it up to me! And that usually does not happen.
My local Walmart Grocery Pickup employees are very pleasant and friendly. They seem like they enjoy their job and really want to please their customers. (Way to go, store #2777!) Sometimes they even bring you a bottle of water or a gift bag with samples and coupons.
And it’s really caught on. My local store had just four parking spots for pickup, but they had to expand!
If you haven’t given it a try yet, I highly recommend Walmart Grocery Pickup! If you click any of the links in this post, you’ll be given $10 off your first order! Come back and let me know how you liked it.
And if you don’t have Walmart Grocery Pickup in your area… sad face!! But there are other options you might want to look into:
- Amazon Subscribe & Save (Check out my post about Amazon Subscribe & Save!)
- Amazon Prime Now (Two-hour shipping! Ugh, it’s available right near me, but not to my zipcode!)
- Target Subscriptions
- Sam’s Club- Club Pickup
Let me know what your favorite is- maybe I’ll have to give it a try! Happy (not) shopping!