My family loves waffles- our go-to morning meal! Did you know you can premake waffles and freeze them for later? The kids LOVED these Maple Bacon Waffles, and honestly as good as this recipe is, you could simply use the mix if you’re pressed for time, and just add the bacon before you cook them.
I think waffles have to be the simplest breakfast food of all time. That’s why you will find me pre-making them during the school year, and freezing them, so the kids can just toast and go. Cooking breakfast can cut down on breakfast costs a lot, especially if your kids are cold cereal-addicts and you find yourself going through boxes of cereal and gallons of milk!
So this morning let’s have something a little different for breakfast!
Maple Bacon Waffles
Maple Bacon Waffles Recipe
- 1 pack of bacon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 eggs
- Maple Syrup
- Cook bacon and crumble (set aside in a small dish).
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and stir well.
- Add milk, melted butter and eggs. Whisk until smooth.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray and pour 3/4 of a cup of batter over the waffle iron (I use a big Belgian waffle maker, so if you use something smaller, just pour batter like normal).
- Before closing the cover, sprinkle bacon crumbs over the batter.
- Cook according to your waffle iron’s instructions. Mine has a light, so it keeps things simple.
- (If you’re making them for later, freeze now and toast them when you’re ready to eat.)
- Add maple syrup and enjoy!
– Flour: $2.46
– Bacon: $2.98
– Eggs: .33
– Baking Powder: $3.00
– Syrup: $2.50
– Everything else should be on-hand (possibly even baking powder)
Total Cost: $11.27 —– $1.89 per serving if you have a big waffle iron and $1.41 if you have a small waffle iron.
Be sure to check out our other easy breakfast recipes:
Easy Protein Shake
Freezer Egg McMuffin Recipe
Toasted Banana and Blueberry Pancakes
Um…that looks amazing. #bacononeverything
That is exactly what we do make a bunch of waffles on Sunday for the whole week, easy breakfast for school days. But I have never thought about adding bacon bits in the batter, great idea! Thanks
New follower from,
[…] Maple Bacon Waffles Recipe […]
[…] a little more time on your hands? Check out these tasty breakfast ideas: Homemade Egg McMuffins Maple Bacon Waffles Toasted Banana and Blueberry […]