This is a sponsored post on behalf of teespring.com, and I’m crazy excited about this site, so read on!
Family reunion? School club? Your garage band?
I would guess that many of you have, at some point, made a custom t-shirt. I’ve made a lot, with all the theatre productions and choirs that I’ve been a part of over the years. There are several good custom t-shirt design-and-print sites out there, but I have found a new one that outshines all the others! I’m really excited to tell you about it!
If you’ve made a custom shirt in the past, I bet you’ve dealt with some of these issues: not knowing how many shirts to order, not knowing which sizes to order, not receiving payment from those who ordered shirts from you, ending up with a ton of extra shirts that you don’t need, and not needing to order a large enough bulk order to get the shirts for a price you want.
Teespring solves all of those problems.
The first thing you do is design your tee. To show you how it works, I designed this tee:
I know right? I’m so clever.
The online designer is easy to use, and you can choose from their library of images or upload your own custom image. The shirt options and colors are right there to easily preview.
Once you have your design the way you want it, you decide (based on the base price) on your goal number of shirts to sell. The base price is based on the shirt you choose, the number of colors, the complexity of your design, and the goal number of shirts to sell. The higher your goal, the lower the base price of the shirts. Then you price your shirt. If your shirt costs $8 at base price, and you price it at $10, then you earn (or raise) $2 per shirt that you sell.
Next you fill in some details about your design, including a title, description, and custom URL. You also decide the length of your campaign, which is the amount of time you have to reach your goal number of shirts sold.
After that you are taken to your custom page, where people can order your shirt! From there you can share your design with anyone and everyone you know.
Here are some reasons why I really like this site, and why I will definitely use it in the future:
- No risk to you. People who are ordering can choose their own size, and they pay using their own credit card, rather than paying you back after you order all the shirts. Because of this…
- …you don’t end up with extra shirts you don’t need.
- …you don’t lose money due to people not paying you back.
- No risk to them. Nobody gets charged unless the goal number of sales is reached. Only then are the shirts printed and shipped. This is great if you have to have the cost of the shirt under a certain amount.
- It is great for fundraising.
- It is great for making money. If you have a great t-shirt idea, this is a super easy, no risk way to create it and sell it.
- After you meet your goal and the shirts are printed and shipped, you can continue selling your shirts! Just direct buyers to your custom URL, and you will continue to receive the profit from each shirt!
Well, like I said, I designed a shirt to try out the site. So if you feel inclined, go ahead and get one of my shirt designs for yourself! And if you need to create a custom shirt of your own, make sure to use teespring.com!