Breakfast is a challenge for me, as I just don’t usually have an appetite in the morning. But as they say, it’s the most important meal of the day! So I like to go for the quickest and easiest way of getting in a morning meal, so sometimes I throw together some Make-Ahead Easy Smoothies!
Affiliate links are used within this post. If you make any purchases, I may receive a commission (thanks!).
I got this idea from a photo one of my favorite tumblrs (which is no longer being updated, sadly), but there was no tutorial, so I thought I’d blog about how I put these together. It’s pretty self-explanatory anyway, but here goes:
Make-Ahead Easy Smoothies
1 container of plain Greek yogurt (24oz)
a muffin pan
12 sandwich bags
2 freezer bags
several cups of frozen or fresh, cut-up fruits (I used strawberries, blackberries, bananas, and pineapple.)
1. Spoon the yogurt evenly into the 12 cups in the muffin pan, then put the pan in the freezer.
2. Add the fruit into the 12 sandwich bags in whatever combinations you like.
3. After an hour or two, take the muffin pan out of the freezer and set it on a cookie sheet with a 1/8 inch of hot water. After a couple minutes, you should be able to spoon the yogurt cups out and put one into each of the 12 bags.
4. Divide the bags into the 2 freezer bags (6 sandwich bags in each), and lay them as flat as possible so they fit into your freezer and take up the least amount of space.
That’s it! When you want to make a smoothie, you just take out a bag, put all the contents into your blender, add a little water or fruit juice, and blend it up!
Boom- breakfast for 12 days!
Make-Ahead Easy Smoothies
- 1 container of plain Greek yogurt 24oz
- several cups of frozen or fresh cut-up fruits
- a muffin pan
- 12 sandwich bags
- 2 freezer bags
- Spoon the yogurt evenly into the 12 cups in the muffin pan, then put the pan in the freezer.
- Add the fruit into the 12 sandwich bags in whatever combinations you like.
- After an hour or two, take the muffin pan out of the freezer and set it on a cookie sheet with a 1/8 inch of hot water. After a couple minutes, you should be able to spoon the yogurt cups out and put one into each of the 12 bags.
- Divide the bags into the 2 freezer bags (6 sandwich bags in each), and lay them as flat as possible so they fit into your freezer and take up the least amount of space.
Baby Steps to a Better You: Day 5
Today is Day 5 of “Baby Steps to a Better You,” and as you may have guessed, today’s challenge is eat breakfast!
Do you usually eat breakfast? If so, you’ve got today’s challenge covered (go do 10 push-ups!). If not, how can you get into a routine of eating breakfast? Maybe today’s make-ahead smoothies are the answer, or if you prefer a just-as-easy savory morning meal, try some make-ahead Freezer Egg McMuffins!
When I have time, scrambled eggs and cottage cheese is my favorite, protein-rich breakfast. And when I don’t, I tend to skip it or hit a drive-thru. Bad habits!
Today, eat breakfast (or plan for tomorrow morning). It will give you energy to seize the day!
great idea!!! thanks
my kids love smoothies and i have the mini muffin pantoo and that would work awesome!..i gotta try this :)
i love this idea. my oldest is now in High School and often wants a smoothie for breakfast. This will make it faster at 5:30 in the morning.
What a perfectly awesome idea! I’ll have to do this for my hubby – he loves a smoothie in the morning but doesn’t know how to put the ingredients together…
This is awesome. We love smoothies, especially in the summer and this is something I could make now and have ready for the warmer months when we tend to eat less and need this nutrition!
Thanks for sharing this practical and fun way to fix make ahead smoothies!
What a great idea!
What a great and easy way to make a smoothie, this I have got to try
This is such a great idea. This will be great for the summer too. Thanks for sharing.
We love smoothies but putting them together in the morning is a challenge, this is a wonderful idea. I plan to do this and have everyone pick a bag and put in blender. Thanks
This is awesome! I love getting prep time out of the way. thank you Vicki
Great idea! I love being able to prep stuff in advance so that when I am ready to eat, I don’t have to wait. These are so simple!
[…] Make-Ahead Easy Smoothies […]