It has been requested of me to write a blog post about the things I want for Christmas this year. So here it is!
I should start by saying that I’m going to look super greedy, but I do not expect to receive many or any of these things! Christmas became all about the kids long ago, as it should be, and I now find joy in giving them gifts. But hey, Momma deserves a little something every once in awhile, right?
I keep a Pinterest board called “WANT,” primarily so that I can keep track of things that I want to buy myself at some point, and also so that my husband never has to wonder what to get me for presents (except that he usually comes up with his own ideas, and they are usually way better than what I’ve thought of).
On with it, here is my 2013 Christmas list!
In the fitness category:
1. A running armband case for my iPhone 5– I think I have a case somewhere around here, but it wouldn’t fit my iPhone 5, so I need a new one. I plan on doing some serious running in 2014, but more on that in a moment.
2. The FitBit Flex (or perhaps the latest model, the FitBit Force)- I have done some research on this and similar calorie trackers (just wear it on your wrist and it automatically calculates how many calories you burn each day), and this seems to take the cake. It comes with a free online tracking system and wirelessly syncs your data when you come near your computer. It shows you with lighted dots how far you are each day toward your goal, and it also tracks your sleeping habits, as well as providing you with a silent vibrating alarm to wake you up in the morning. I want it. And if anyone who is reading thinks he or she might want to get this for me, and if that same person happens to have access to my email (which hopefully is not too many of you), I do happen to have an email with a $10 off coupon for Best Buy. Just sayin.
3. Camelbak– Back to all the running I plan to do in 2014… I am going to run a marathon. I have known for a while now that I want to do that, and I’m totally committed. I may not actually run the marathon in 2014, depending on which one I decide to train for (there is one in January in my town, so I may do that in 2015), but I will definitely complete the majority of the training in 2014.
On to fashion and beauty:
4. diamond earrings– I’ve wanted these babies for a long time. They match my engagement ring perfectly, and they are so pretty!
5. At a much lower price point, I love this state of Maine necklace!
6. Some bloggers I know got the chance to review the Conair Curl Secret. Sadly I was not one of them, but they sold me on it! Want it!
7. Mikarose has some of the prettiest dresses I’ve ever seen. I want several of them! This is one of my favorites.
In the food/entertaining category:
8. (affiliate link) VELATA! Did you know that Scentsy has a sister company that sells fondue warmers? Well they do, and I want everything. I love fondue and I love throwing a great party, so these are clearly a need. I love the blue and green warmers, and I would get the milk chocolate, caramel milk chocolate, cheddar cheese, and fiesta queso to go with them. I also love the little square plates and round bowls. You can see everything I just mentioned on my Pinterest board.
9. I know that this beverage dispenser isn’t something I would use daily, but it would be so great to have for parties! I just love it. Been on my “want” list for a long time.
And lastly, my list wouldn’t be complete without something to improve my little ole blog that I love so much:
10. The Mom Blog to Money Blog online workshop promises to improve exactly the things that I need help with on my blog, so I’m very interested! I also love the fact that you can go as quickly or as slowly as you need through the lessons, as you implement them with your own blog.
What do you think? What are you asking for from the man in the red suit?
Come back next week, when I’ll share what my kids will be getting this year!