This school year will be the last school year that I have my oldest at home! I can’t believe how much he is growing up! He will probably be doing preschool a few mornings a week this upcoming year, and then he’ll start full time Kindergarten next fall. He will be one of the youngest in his class, as his birthday is at the end of August. He will actually still be 4 when he starts Kindergarten!
I decided that I wanted to make this school year really fun, since it’s his last year before starting school full-time (and there’s no turning back at that point!), so I thought I’d make up a mini bucket list of things for us to do this school year! Except I don’t like the connotations of the term “bucket list” when we are talking about a 4-year-old, so I’m going to call it Carter’s Fun List!
Here are some of the ideas I have:
1. go to the Phoenix zoo
2. have a movie date with Mom and Dad
3. go out to lunch with Mom
4. spend a day and stay overnight with Gramma and Grampa
5. complete at least 5 “pins” from my “Carter” pinterest board
6. go on a “shopping spree” at the dollar store
7. pick out a lunchbox and backpack for school
8. go to the indoor water park
9. redecorate his room
10. go shopping for school supplies
11. go to a carnival
12. go to a touring kids’ show
13. go camping with Dad
14. take swimming lessons
15. do an outdoor obstacle course
Any other ideas?