It’s the last Wednesday of the month, so it’s time for another update on my 2014 20 wishes!
I feel like I haven’t done much because I haven’t fully checked off many goals, but I am plugging away at many of them, so progress is being made!
2014 is going great so far! We are out of debt, saving money, I’m starring in a show (the theatre’s words, not mine), we’ve taken trips with several more to look forward to, and summer is imminent.
Here is what’s happening the next few months:
April: performances of my play
May: Elevate blog conference, and my 30th birthday
June: summer break, Rocky Point trip, Harrison’s 1st birthday
July: MAINE (and cross country road trip x 2)
August: back to school, Carter turns 6!
Lots to look forward to!
Let’s see how my 20 wishes are coming along…
1. complete a
5k, a 10k, a half-marathon, and a full marathon– need to get running, but I have been going to the gym!
2. dip Harrison’s feet in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans– Didn’t end up having time to get him to the ocean on our trip! Totally bummed, but I guess that just means we’ll need to make another trip out there! Actually I think we are taking our kids when we go out for Elevate, and we’ll have plenty of beach time then!
get out of debt/save money– It was so nice to make that switch from paying off debt to putting money in our savings account, and we are on track to make our savings goals for the first half of this year!
4. get all my photos and videos organized and backed up
5. record an album
6. do something fun for my 30th birthday– making plans!
7. take a class, any class! Do the SoFabU courses count? If so, then I’ve taken 5! But yeah, probably not…
8. improve our backyard
9. visit Maine/road trip cross country with my family/take throwback photos with my husband
10. embrace 30
11. attend two blogging conferences– all registered for Elevate in May and Blended (& Blogging Concentrated) in October!
12. make money from my blog– I’ve had a great first quarter! On track to meet my stretch goal for this year!
13. do something that scares me
14. overhaul my wardrobe– Getting very close on this one! I’ve gone through all of my clothes and put away a full bin in the garage. I don’t want to get rid of anything until I’m finished having babies, but after that I’ll have plenty of clothes to give away! I took myself on a little shopping spree at Kohls, and I got several new pieces that I totally love and which flatter my getting-smaller size!
15. have a mommy and me day with each of my children– Carter’s is today! He has a half day at school, and then I’m taking him to lunch and to spend the afternoon at the Arizona Science Center!
16. optimize all blog posts/optimize my site– I’ve optimized all posts from 2008 and 2010, with a short list of ones that need more fixing, and I still need to do 2009 and 2011-2014. I’m working through several different workshops/sites to get my blog to where I want it to be (aka perfect).
17. find the perfect pair of jeans
18. automate what I can (blog and life)– Finally invested in the SNAP pro plugin, and loving it! Want to have all of your social sharing totally automated? I’m offering a SNAP set up service, so check it out!
19. go on an overnight staycation with daniel
20. have a 24-hours-of-me day/treat yo self
(21. Do a show– 5 more rehearsals, then 15 performances!)
I’m excited for April. The weekends are pretty tied up with shows, but I’ll have my weeknights back again! Until next month…
How is 2014 going for you? What’s up next?