Here we are at the end of June, and we are just 5 days away from our big cross-country trip! It has been three years since I visited my home state of Maine, and I’m so excited to go back with my family. We’ll spend two weeks relaxing on the beach, eating my favorite foods, and visiting the places where I grew up. This summer is also the 10th anniversary of the summer Daniel and I met in Maine, and we are looking forward to visiting some of the places we went together that summer.
There is so much to pack into these final 5 days, including two dance rehearsals and one dance recital (Vanessa), one doctor’s visit, one surgery(!), 8 or 9 music lessons (Daniel), 2 swim lessons (Carter), a conference (Disney On The Road, today!), a birthday party (Harrison), and some cleaning, some packing, and some scheduling of blog posts! *breathing, breathing*
And that’s not counting the work hours, dentist visits, and a birthday photo session, which we already crammed into this week (but wait til you see the photos, SO CUTE)!
Okay sneak peek!
Whew. I don’t think I will relax until Monday morning at 9am when we pull out of our driveway, a day full of driving ahead of us.
But I digress. It’s the last Wednesday of the month, and we are just days away from being halfway through 2014! I know I checked at least a few things off my 20 Wishes list in June, so let’s see how I’m doing…
1. complete a
5k, a 10k, a half-marathon, and a full marathon– Definitely didn’t squeeze in that 10k before leaving for Maine, but what can you do? I plan on running (literally) full-force when we get back from vacation.
2. dip Harrison’s feet in the
Pacific and Atlantic oceans– soon, baby! 3. get out of debt/save money
4. get all my photos and videos organized and backed up– Looking into online storage, though I would still keep all my files on an external hard drive. They are just overtaking my computer space! Has anyone used the Google+ photo service?
5. record an album
6. do something fun for my 30th birthday
7. take a class, any class!
8. improve our backyard– Swingset- check. Next up- flower bushes and a big outdoor mat for the patio.
9. visit Maine/road trip cross country with my family/take throwback photos with my husband– 5 days!
10. embrace 30
two one more blogging conference 12. make money from my blog
13. do something that scares me
14. overhaul my wardrobe
15. have a mommy and me day with each of my children– Vanessa and I had our special day in June! We started our morning with a special surprise…
Her beautiful Anna dress, from Nana’s Sewing Closet on Etsy! This dress is so gorgeous, and it’s perfect because it can be worn outside the house without looking like she’s in a costume, and it’s very sturdily made! But it deserves its own post, so look for that soon!
Then I took her to lunch, and she picked Denny’s! She said, “Because it’s fun!”
We finished up the day by playing and going swimming at Gramma’s house! What a fun girls’ day!
16. optimize all blog posts/optimize my site– I had a website review done that left me…depressed. But that’s okay because first of all, there were some very strong positive remarks, and secondly, where I take my blog is up to me. And the day it becomes something I don’t love doing is the day I shut it down. I’d rather make less money and enjoy it than make more and not. So I just need to take the useful advice and step up my game, and not worry about the stuff that I don’t feel applies to me and my site. And third, if you don’t get hurt a little, you can never become stronger. #Deep. P.S. Hey you, yeah you! You are reading my blog, and I love you for it!
17. find the perfect pair of jeans- Possibly…but they are about 5 pounds too small, so we’ll see in a bit. “A bit” being ten years after my Maine trip, because that’s how long it will take to get off the weight I’ll put on eating all my favey faves in Maine!
18. automate what I can (blog and life)– Sigh…always in progress.
19. go on an overnight staycation with Daniel– Hey, something I can check off! We actually ended up doing this with kids, but we decided to count it because our summer is already so full of trips! Plus we did an overnight non-staycation (I guess you’d call that a vacation) in Mexico, and it was so nice! More about that soon. Our staycation was at the Squaw Peak Hilton resort in Phoenix, and our overnight stay was an end-of-year gift from Daniel’s choir boosters. They also sent us pizza for dinner! We played mini golf, ate lots of pizza, swam in the hotel pools, and then in the morning we hit the in-house water park before heading home. Lots of fun, but almost no photos because…well…we were having fun!
20. have a 24-hours-of-me day/treat yo self
(21. Do a show)
June was pretty great, but July is going to top it in so many ways! Follow me on Instagram to see photos from our cross country road trips and our time in Maine. #TenneyTravels
It’s halfway through 2014! What plans do you have for the second half?