It’s the last Wednesday of the month, so it’s time for another update on my 2014 20 wishes!
April has been a great month, filled with theatre and family. Unfortunately it was also filled with sickness, but we are on the mend. The upside of that is that I lost about 6 pounds this month! That’s what happens when you just don’t eat.
Vanessa and I did finally get to wear our Easter dresses this past Sunday!
Here is what’s happening the next few months:
May: Elevate blog conference, Kindergarten graduation, and my 30th birthday
June: summer break, Rocky Point trip, Harrison’s 1st birthday, (Disney On-The-Road, if I get chosen to attend, pretty pretty please?!)
July: MAINE (and cross country road trip x 2)
August: back to school, Carter turns 6!
It will be an exciting summer for sure!
Let’s see how my 20 wishes are coming along…
1. complete a
5k, a 10k, a half-marathon, and a full marathon– I did two 5ks, but slacking on the rest. I am definitely looking forward to running more as soon as I feel better.
2. dip Harrison’s feet in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans– The Atlantic will happen this summer, not sure when he’ll get to the Pacific again, though!
3. get out of debt/save money
4. get all my photos and videos organized and backed up
5. record an album
6. do something fun for my 30th birthday– We will be celebrating by taking in a Diamondbacks game, while eating/sitting at the stadium’s TGI Friday’s!
7. take a class, any class!
8. improve our backyard– This week I ordered a swing set for my kids! This is something we’ve wanted to get for them for a long time, but couldn’t afford one or were in a temporary living situation, etc. But I’ve earned enough from my blog this year that it was no big deal to drop a little money on a great swing set for the backyard, and I can’t wait for it to come! We need to weed eat the backyard and then we’ll probably spend a Saturday putting it together while Gramma watches the kids. Then we will surprise them! I am also planning on buying some flower bushes for the backyard, under our bedroom windows, so I can fulfill the “plant a garden” item on my 30 Before 30 list!
9. visit Maine/road trip cross country with my family/take throwback photos with my husband
10. embrace 30
11. attend two blogging conferences– all registered for Elevate in May and Blended (& Blogging Concentrated) in October!
12. make money from my blog– I hope to continue to make money this year, but things are going really well so far, so I’m going to check this one off.
13. do something that scares me
14. overhaul my wardrobe– I’ve put away older clothes that I know I won’t wear, and I’ve treated myself to some new pieces that I love. I will continue to add to it (who doesn’t love new clothes), but I have a great start!
15. have a mommy and me day with each of my children– Carter and I had a fantastic time at the Arizona Science Center! After a half day at school, I picked him up, and we spent about four hours, seeing everything there was to see there.
Oh how ironic that this photo shows the awesomeness of LED lightbulbs- check out my post from yesterday!
16. optimize all blog posts/optimize my site– I’ve optimized all posts from 2008, 2009, and 2010, with a short list of ones that need more fixing, and I’ve started working on 2011. I’m also working through several different workshops/sites to get my blog to where I want it to be (aka perfect).
17. find the perfect pair of jeans
18. automate what I can (blog and life)
19. go on an overnight staycation with daniel
20. have a 24-hours-of-me day/treat yo self
21. Do a show)
I need to get a move on for some of these wishes! Well, several will be checked off during the summer, so that will help.
So long, April, and welcome May! It’s my birthday month (kind of a big one), and I’ve got lots of fun things planned, on and off the blog! So come back soon!
How is 2014 going for you? What’s up next?