On June 5th, Daniel and I celebrated the 10th anniversary of the day we met! Then at the end of June we left on our trip to Maine, where we revisited places and things we did back in the summer of 2004.
It’s crazy to think about everything that’s happened since then, but at the same time, it feels like the summer we met was just moments ago. Like we took a couple of deep breaths, and here we are!
I wouldn’t have it any other way.
We had a great time in Maine, and I’ll definitely be sharing more over the next few weeks. Here is another “throwback” photo we took, plus a photo of us by the “stage” where we first performed together (which has since been transformed, as you will see).
Our vacation to Maine, and taking throwback photos, was one of my 20 Wishes for 2014. Here is the rest of my list, along with my most recent progress:
1. complete a
5k, a 10k, a half-marathon, and a full marathon– I’m officially planning on training for the Desert Classic Marathon in Surprise, on January 31st, 2015! That means I begin training in mid-October, which also means I need to do some pre-training (training training?), to be in shape and ready to go! I don’t know if I’ll get a chance to do 10k and half-marathon races, but I’ll certainly run those distances while training for the big one. 2. dip Harrison’s feet in the Pacific and Atlantic oceans– Done! 3. get out of debt/save money
4. get all my photos and videos organized and backed up
5. record an album– recorded some demo songs for the musical my husband is writing…does that count?! No? Okay.
6. do something fun for my 30th birthday
7. take a class, any class!
8. improve our backyard– Swingset- check. Next up- flower bushes and a big outdoor mat for the patio.
9. visit Maine/road trip cross country with my family/take throwback photos with my husband– Heck to the yeah! 10. embrace 30
two one more blogging conference 12. make money from my blog
13. do something that scares me– I was terrified on this ride… but I’ve ridden it before so I guess that doesn’t count…
14. overhaul my wardrobe
15. have a mommy and me day with each of my children– Still need to do Harry’s!
16. optimize all blog posts/optimize my site
17. find the perfect pair of jeans
18. automate what I can (blog and life)
19. go on an overnight staycation with Daniel
20. have a 24-hours-of-me day/treat yo self
(21. Do a show)
What are you wishing for?